ChiroCure Clinic introduces:
A summer guide to healthy living
• Exercise Regularly. Regular exercise should include aerobic strength training and balance work. Muscles need a full range of motion when exercising and stretching for optimum performance.
• Eat a Healthy Diet. Good nutrition allows the body to heal itself better. Every day thousands of cells in your body die and are replaced with new cells. Eating organic, unrefined foods and drinking half your body weight in ounces of water per day is beneficial to health.
• Health Supplements. Dr.Leski often recommends a daily multivitamin, fish oil (Omega-3 fatty acids), Magnesium, and pro-biotins (healthy bacteria for your intestinal tract).
- There may be other supplements that may be suitable for your circumstances, please ask your practitioner next time you visit ChiroCure Clinic.
- Achieve Good Posture/Balance. A good posture is a balance between flexion (forward motion) and extension (backward motion). This means the muscles on the front and back of the body need to be both strong and flexible for good posture. In addition, balance from the right and left hand side of the body must be maintained. Chiropractic care at ChiroCure Clinic can help to restore the balance required for good posture.
- Sleep in the Proper Position. Sleeping on your stomach twists your neck and should be avoided. Sleeping in the foetal position reverses the spinal curves and should also be avoided. Dr. Tania Leski recommends sleeping in a neutral position. Often, placing a pillow between the knees when sleeping on your side or a pillow under the knees when sleeping on your back can help reduce back pain and are better positions for your spine.
- Invest in a Good Chair, Pillow, and Mattress. A great deal of time is spent each day using your chair at work and your mattress at night. Dr. Leski can provide personal ergonomic factors related to your specific needs regarding your workstation and chair as well as pillow and mattress recommendations.
- Pre-and Post-Exercise Activities to prevent muscle strain or ligament sprain, warm up your muscles before you exercise by walking in place or running more slowly at first and stretch your muscles after exercise.
- Stretch Your Back and Legs After Each Hour of Sitting. Whenever sitting in a car or at a desk for long periods of time, stretch at least one time each hour to help keep muscles from tightening up. This can help prevent injuries and back pain.
- Never Cradle the Phone Between Your Neck and Shoulder. Get a hands-free handset instead.
- Do Not Overload Your Backpack, Purse, or Wallet. Remember to carry your backpack over both shoulders to balance the weight. Children’s backpacks should weigh no more than 15% of their body weight. Keep your wallet out of your back pocket when sitting and especially when driving.
–Visit Your Chiropractor Regularly.
—Your visit schedule should be more frequent in times of stress, pregnancy, or after an accident or trauma.
— Be sure to visit Dr. Tania leski to address your symptoms and to help your body heal to its optimum state.
— A Chiropractic adjustment is an effective way to maintain brain and nervous system balance.